Review: £1 MUA Lipstick in Nectar (Shade 16)


Anyone up for a lovely new lipstick? Go on, for a pound, why not!?

 If your feeling a bit hard up after an expensive Christmas or if you couldn't resist splashing more cash (or credit cards) shopping the sales, why not treat yourself to a lovely little January pick-me-up in the form of this little coral number from MUA?


This MUA lipstick in Nectar (Shade 16) is a gorgeous peachy coral shade with light yellow neutral undertones making it a fairly complimentary shade for most complexions. The packaging is quite similar to the NYX lipsticks as it has the little clear pot of colour at the bottom which is actually usable lipstick (unlike the NYX ones!) This pot is actually detachable and makes a really cute little extra feature and it's not really something you would expect to find on a £1 lippie!

The pigmentation and colour pay-off is excellent and it looks almost completely opaque on the lips. 


This lipstick is really creamy, easy to apply and has great staying power. If your not eating or drinking, this lipstick will easily stay put for at least 4 hours. When first applied, it has a slightly glossy look and feel to it but after a few hours of wear it tends to dry out slightly and take on a more matte look and feel. To remedy this, I'd simply advise wearing a bit of lip balm underneath! 
 


I currently have 4 MUA lipsticks in my collection and I will be posting individual reviews of the other 3 shades on here soon. These lipsticks are really amazing value for money and although I would say that there is some variation in quality between the formulations of the different shades in the range that I own, this is definitely one of the better ones. It's easily comparable to a lot of the more expensive drug store lipsticks available and I would highly recommend trying this if you haven't done so already!

I did a video review of this lovely lipstick nearly a year ago and this is my most viewed YouTube video to date with 3,000 views! I've posted that video below in case you're interested in checking it out!




Bloglovin’ I Twitter I YouTube I Facebook
 

Labels: , ,